Conferences, Seminars, and Multimedia
- Greener Cleanups - EPA's Methodology for Understanding and Reducing a Project's Environmental Footprint. April 18, 2012.
- US and EU Perspectives on Green and Sustainable Remediation (series based on ConSoil 2010)
Part 1, preview. July 12, 2010
Part 2, follow-up. March 15, 2011
Part 3, follow-up. October 26, 2011
Part 4, follow-up. March 6, 2012
Part 5, follow-up. October 9, 2012.
- Superfund Landfill Methane Potential Assessment. September 14, 2011.
- NARPM Presents...
Greener Cleanups - EPA's Methodology for Understanding and Reducing a Project's Environmental Footprint. August 10, 2011.
Redux of NARPM: An RPM's Primer. April 17, 2012
Redux of NARPM: Greener Cleanups Case Studies. April 23, 2012.
- NARPM Presents: Ecological Revitalization: Turning Contaminated Properties into Community Assets. March 15, 2011.
- Your Role in Green Remediation Implementation and Case Studies in Green Remediation - This Year's Models and Tools (2010 NARPM green remediation session follow-on Webinar series)
Session 1; December 8, 2010
Session 2; January 11, 2011
Session 3; February 10, 2011
- Identifying & Evaluating Ecosystem Services at Contaminated Sites Prior to Remediation. August 18, 2010.
- Energy for the Future: Exploring Methane Gas-to-Energy Projects at Superfund Sites. May 6, 2010.
- Green Remediation: Applying Strategies in the Field (series)
- Understanding Life Cycle Assessment: Applications for OSWER's Land and Materials Management. September 23, 2009.
- Solar Energy on Closed Landfills: Regulatory and Technical Considerations. September 9, 2009.
- Updates on Renewable Energy Development on Contaminated Land: Community Involvement and Useful Informational Tools. August 10, 2009.
- Tackling the Carbon Footprint at Pump and Treat Projects: A Case Study in Energy Efficiency. March 10, 2009.
- Green Remediation: Opening the Door to Field Use (series)
Introduction and Carbon Calculus: A RCRA Case Study. Session A: November 24, 2008
Green Remediation Tools and Examples. Session B: December 16, 2008
Green Remediation Tools and Examples. Session C: January 13, 2009.
- Earth Day 2008 Green Remediation Panel Session; green remediation, soil amendments for impaired lands, and renewable energy on contaminated lands. April 2008.
CLU-IN Seminar Archives
- Sustainable Remediation 2011: State of the Practices International Conference; June 1-3, 2011; Amherst, MA.
- ConSoil 2010; EPA training and participation in special sessions; September 21-24, 2010; Salzburg, Austria.
- Green Remediation: Environment ~ Energy ~ Economics International Conference; June 15-17, 2010; Amherst, MA.
- GreenRemediation Conference; November 9-10, 2009; Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Alternative Energy: From a Toxic Past to a Renewable Future. U.S. EPA Superfund Redevelopment Initiative. 2012.
- Biosolids Recycling: Restore, Reclaim, Remediate. Environmental Response Team. 2000.
- Crozet Phytoremediation. Environmental Response Team. 2007.
- Developing Greener Cleanups. U.S. EPA Region 9.
- National Association of Remedial Project Managers (NARPM) 2008 Training, Green Remediation: Opening the Door to Field Use (PDF) (18 pp, 1.0MB) describes RPM strategies for making a case-study cleanup more sustainable and breaking down barriers to BMP implementation.