The Superfund Job Training Initiative (SuperJTI) is a job readiness program that provides training and employment opportunities for people living in communities affected by Superfund sites. Many of these areas are Environmental Justice communities - historically under-represented minority and low-income neighborhoods and areas burdened with significant environmental challenges. EPA's goal, through SuperJTI, is to help these communities develop job opportunities that remain long after a Superfund site has been cleaned up.
By participating in the webinar, participants will:
- Understand how the SuperJTI program works;
- Hear how the SuperJTI program has been implemented;
- Discuss how SuperJTI programs benefited multiple stakeholders including the local community, contractors, EPA and especially participants;
- Brainstorm sites that may be eligible for SuperJTI projects;
- Receive information about how to contact SuperJTI staff and begin a SuperJTI program at their site/community.