Zimmerman, Mike, Civil Engineer, grad., Kansas State University (BSCE – 1968), EPA employee since 1987 with 26 years experience as an On-Scene Coordinator, ERRS (contract) Project Officer, Interagency Agreement Project Officer, and Region 8 Removal Budget Coordinator.
- Regional Experience
- As an On-Scene Coordinator - 25 projects involving PCP incineration, oil pipelines, ammonium nitrate stabilization/detonation, fluvial tailings bioremediation, leaking underground storage tanks (gasoline), abandoned fuel tank farm, mercury spills, cyanide spills, ammonia releases, and several waste paint drum removals.
- Project Officer for six Emergency and Rapid Response Service contracts for Region 8 and serving as Technical Evaluation Panel Chairman on four contracts. Issued over 550 task orders under six ERRS contracts for Removal cleanups.
- Removal Budget Coordinator - Approximately $125,000,000 obligated and tracked during tenure.
- Interagency Agreement Project Officer; managed/coordinated over 50 Removal projects thru agreements with five different agencies.
- National Response Experience
- Columbia Shuttle Recovery as EPA Field IMT member.
- Katrina Hurricane Response as Field Cost Unit Leader (IMT) and OSC.