ORD Scientific and Engineering Technical Support for RPMs (and Others) is a session that focuses on the technical support available from EPA's Office of Research and Development (ORD) to RPMs and other EPA cleanup program staff. Examples of technical support may range from providing a detailed review with recommendations for a single technical document to performance of complex multi-site investigation and remediation activities.
The session includes:
- An overview of the ORD Superfund and Technology Liaison (STL) program to provide RPMs with information on how to access free scientific and engineering technical support from an ORD staff member stationed right alongside them in the regional offices.
- An overview of the following three ORD Technical Support Centers (TSCs) to provide RPMs with information on center capabilities and how to request technical support:
- Site Characterization and Monitoring Technical Support Center (SCMTSC)
- Engineering Technical Support Center (ETSC)
- Groundwater Technical Support Center (GWTSC)
- Case study examples that are included in the above discussions to show how RPMs have used ORD technical support to make informed decisions during management of their sites.
The instructional methodology for this course includes a combination of lecture, case studies, and audience participation/discussion. The target audience for this course is all EPA RPMs and other EPA cleanup program staff.