EPA's current Strategic Plan provides a clear emphasis supporting the importance of considering reuse at all contaminated properties. This webinar will present the Agency's mandate to foster revitalization, remove unintended barriers to beneficial use and develop policies and systems to support the long-term use of remediated land. Presenters will share:
- how to incorporate reuse into each step of the Superfund cleanup pipeline,
- how to put key Superfund Redevelopment Initiative tools, like Ready for Reuse determinations, reuse assessments and comfort letters, to work at your sites,
- how reuse assessments can help implement the 2010 Reuse Directive,
- how reuse can save the Agency money and
- how beneficial and appropriate reuse can bring measurable benefits to Superfund communities.
Participants will come away with a deepened understanding of how reuse can and should be incorporated into the Superfund process and how it can foster greater community involvement in site cleanup.