CLU-IN Notice of Use
The Privacy Act of 1974 protects the personal information the federal government keeps on you in “systems of records (SOR)” (information an agency controls that can be retrieved by name or some other personal identifier). The Privacy Act regulates how the government can disclose, share, provide access to, and maintain the personal information that it collects. Not all information collected online is covered by the Privacy Act.
The Act’s major provisions require agencies to:
- publish a Privacy Act Notice in the Federal Register explaining the existence, character and uses of a new or revised SOR;
- keep information about you accurate, relevant, timely, and complete to assure fairness in dealing with you; and
- allow you to, upon request, access and review your information held in a SOR and request amendment of the information if you disagree with it.
Your viewing of the CLU-IN website does not result in the collection of any personal information that is contained in a Privacy Act System of Records as defined by the Privacy Act.
Any information collected by any form located on this website is used only for its stated purpose and is not made available for other purposes.
You are only required to provide any personally identifying information (such as your name, e-mail address, or mailing address) to allow us to respond to your submission.
We collect personally identifiable information only if specifically and knowingly provided by you as part of a voluntary submission:
- Personally identifying information which you provide will only be used in connection with responding to your submission.
- Information is collected for statistical purposes. The purpose of this use is to measure customer interest in various areas of the site. This information is not expressed in any form which would reveal personally identifying information.
- When registering for a webinar on this site, we provide the information entered to the webinar organizers so they can manage the event. These organizers may include companies under contract to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and third parties outside the U.S. EPA. No personal information collected is sold or otherwise transferred to parties other than webinar organizers. This information is maintained on CLU-IN to provide current, comprehensive participation records for webinar participants.
- Session cookies are enabled (a "cookie" is a small file that Web servers place on a user's hard drive) for webinars held on this site to facilitate their use. Session cookies used on this site only store personally identifying information that has been voluntarily provided by you through our internet seminar registration form. EPA also permits the use of persistent cookies for the collection of Web metrics; however, CLU-IN does not collect any personally identifiable information about visitors to our Web pages. You may still view the site and fully participate in our webinars if your browser is configured to disable or disallow cookies.
View our complete Disclaimer, Privacy, and Security Notice