The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) laboratories and program offices offer a range of technical information and assistance fostering the use of renewable energy sources across business sectors.
- The Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) works with states and local governments to accelerate deployment of energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable transportation technologies. EERE also offers technical assistance in areas such as bioenergy, geothermal resources, combined heat and power, solar energy, hydropower, and wind resources.
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory is the only federal laboratory dedicated to the research, development, commercialization and deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
The U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and DOE offer related information concerning sustainable remediation and use of passive energy systems for site cleanup.
- Decision Framework for Incorporation of Green and Sustainable Practices into Environmental Remediation Projects. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Interim Guidance 10-01. March 5, 2010.
- Defense Environmental Restoration Program (DERP) Management. U.S. Department of Defense Manual 4715.20. March 9, 2012.
[See Enclosure 3 (Procedures) paragraph 6 (Restoration Management Considerations), subparagraph d (Green and Sustainable Remediation), p. 48]
- Green and Sustainable Remediation. U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command.
- Sustainable Remediation. U.S. Air Force Center for Engineering and the Environment.