The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) laboratories and program offices offer a range of technical information and assistance fostering the use of renewable energy sources across business sectors.
- The Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) provides grants to state energy offices for energy efficiency and renewable energy demonstration projects as well as analyses, evaluation, and information dissemination.
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory Science and Technology (NREL) works to develop and advance renewable energy and energy-efficiency technologies through initial testing, scale-up projects, and field demonstration.
The U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and DOE offer related information concerning sustainable remediation and use of passive energy systems for site cleanup.
- Decision Framework for Incorporation of Green and Sustainable Practices into Environmental Remediation Projects. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Interim Guidance 10-01. March 5, 2010.
- Defense Environmental Restoration Program (DERP) Management. U.S. Department of Defense Manual 4715.20. March 9, 2012.
[See Enclosure 3 (Procedures) paragraph 6 (Restoration Management Considerations), subparagraph d (Green and Sustainable Remediation), p. 48]
- Green and Sustainable Remediation. U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command.
- Sustainable Remediation. U.S. Air Force Center for Engineering and the Environment.